Rentalbell is easily one of the most complex web application system we have built. RentalBell is a vacation rental channel management platform that manages your rental’s availability across hundreds of channels like VRBO, AirBbnb, Trip Advisor, Booking.com and more.
Some of the major features of the system are
- Availability calendar for your website. Rentalbell owners can generate a URL or get an i-frame to copy in their existing website which shows the availability calendar for their rental. The calendar is customizable to match the look and feel of their website.
- Central availability calendar on the Rentalbell system. Using this feature, the vacation rental owner can check availability and bookings across any of the channels where the rental is advertised, such as VRBO, Airbnb, Trip Advisor, etc. User does not have to login to multiple systems to check the booking and can be done from a single snapshot.
- Export and Import of Channels. The core of the system allows users to export and import iCal files from channels allowing the Rentalbell system to populate the internal calendar with bookings. Reserved dates are blocked in the system and the updated iCal file is sent to other channels for those channels to block the calendars for the reserved dates. This avoids double booking and cancellations, which can have huge financial and ranking implications for the listing on Channels such as AirBnb and others.
- User can also take direct booking or block dates on the calendar and each booking on the calendar shows the channel icon through which the reservation is done and any other additional information(such as guest name) by the channel.
- Preparation Time Manager – Set the amount of time needed to clean or prepare between bookings and RentalBell will automatically block off those nights and sync these preferences with all connected channels.
- Analytics – The biggest game changer and differentiating factor is the integration of Analytics which shows multiple data points such as Average Length of Stay, Share of Booking, New bookings, Booking to Check-in Runway, across channels. The data can be seen for the current and past years giving the rentalbell owner detailed insights on which channels are giving him maximum financial returns
What we did
- Project Scoping and Features roadmap
- Built the system from scratch using the PHP Laravel framework and a backend using MYSQL
- Performance optimization
- Payment gateway integration using Stripe